Collections of Interactive Sites for Secondary Math
Links verified on 8/13/2014
- Activities at Illuminations - Illuminations has many activities available. Select grades 9-12, and click Search.
- Calculators On-Line - links to almost 7000 calculators
- Convert Auto - convert just about anything automatically
- Coolmath.com - Math for ages 13 - 100. Not much for lower level classes, but check it out for the fun stuff. Make sure that you take Karen's Genius Test. If you have taken her genius test, check out one of her other tests. If you enjoyed the Genius test, try some of Karen's other puzzles on the same page as her genius tests.
- Create a Graph - Sometimes, complicated information is difficult to understand and needs an illustration. At this National Center for Education Statistics site you will find four different graphs and charts for you to consider.
- Easy Calculation - offers several types of calculators
- Electronic Examples from NCTM - [designed for grades 9-12] index of manipulatives
- Interactive Mathematic Miscellany and Puzzles - Arithmetic and Algebra - There are currently 359 interactive activities that relate to algebra and arithmetic skills.
- Java Script math applets || Trigonometry || Calculus || Complex number || Conics || Miscellaneous | [These expired links are available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the pages don't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Mastermind - I know it's just a game! But, this game really makes you, or your students, use logical reasoning. Give it a try.
- Mathematics Discovery Applets - Numbers, Pattern/Relations, Shape/Space, Statistics/Probability
- Math Goals - Resources for many math and science concepts
- Math Links and On-Line Tools - List of useful links to online tools and mathematical subjects
- Math On-line Tools - List of useful links to online tools and mathematical subjects
- Measurements Converter - Conversions available for the following: Weight, Capacity and volume, Length, Area, Speed, Pressure, Temperature, Circular measure and Time.
- Metric and English conversion utility: distance, weight, and liquid volume conversions. They also have a new applet based conversion utility. [These expired links are available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the pages don't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Metric Conversion - Imperial Conversion (courtesy FPSI French Property) includes; length, area, volume, mass, force, pressure, work, power, temperature, and fuel mileage
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - Virtual manipulatives related to the NCTM standards for grades 9 - 12.
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project - This is an open-code resource that uses dynamic computation to illuminate concepts in mathematics and a range of other fields