Geometry for Secondary Math
Links verified on 5/30/2018
- Cool Math: Geometry Information and Art - Get some good geometry and trigonometry information and see all the very cool art that can be made with math and geometry.
- Conjectures in Geometry: An educational web site created for high school geometry students. Their list of 20 conjectures in Geometry is supported by demonstrations using the Geometers Sketchpad.
- Davitily Math Problem Generator - add a title then select Create Document, select add problems to select from four areas (Basic math, Algebra, Geometry, or SAT math), select from more specific menus, add the number of problems you want then select the gray Back to button to see a printable document. [online test not available in this free version].
- The Fractal Microscope - Zoom in on the visually fascinating world of Mandelbrot and Julia sets, explore the algorithms used to create them, and learn about the mathematics behind the cool graphics. This is a Java version of the Fractal Microscope.
- Fractals - a list of links from Math Archives
- The Geometry Center offers activities in the following areas: Triangle Tilings and Polyhedra, Symmetry and Tiling and Tetrahedral Puzzles.
- Geometry from the Land of the Incas - Problems, theorems, proofs, quizzes and more
- Geometry Help - a variety of help topics are available
- Geometry Junkyard has links to what must be every single geometry page on the entire web.
- Khan Academy - [video lessons] a library of over 3,000 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 315 practice exercises
- Learning Math - Geometry - a course designed to teach mathematics content to teachers
- Math Art - A WebQuest combining the fields of art and geometry [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Mathematics for Morons Like Us (Geometry) - After each section, there is an optional quiz that you can take to see if you've fully mastered the concepts [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Number Patterns Fun with Curves & Topology [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Paperfolding.com has a page regarding Origami and Mathematics. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.] Along the same lines you might want to check Joseph Wu's Origami Page.
- Polyhedra Pastimes - activity links [25 pages if printed] [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Polyhedrons - definition and a large number of examples from Math is F
- Pythagorean Theorem Interactive - [Free activity provided by a commercial site] Learn that the Pythagorean Theorem describes the relationship between the lengths of the sides of a right triangle. Discover visual and algebraic proofs. Apply the Pythagorean Formula to find missing side lengths. Derive the distance formula for points in the coordinate plane.
- Symmetry and Tessellations - activity links [34 pages if printed] [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Web Math: Plots and Geometry Help - Quick help on a variety of topics
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print