Friendship & Belonging
Links checked on 1/2/2016
- The ABCDE Approach - Problem solving; what to do in situations.
- "Antsy" for Others - [ K-2 ] gain an understanding of respect for themselves and others
- Art for the Common Good: Junkanoo! - Grades 3-5 - Examine how group dynamics work, especially when minority rights need to be protected.
- Be strong, be mean, or give in? - Grades 3-5 - Decide how to balance their own interests in relation to the interests of other people.
- Forgiving - Grades K-2 - Explore idea of forgiving people who have hurt you.
- Friendship - Uses Eric Carle's Do You Want to Be My Friend? to teach about friendship.
- Friendship and Belonging - Grades K-2 - Foster healthy friendships and belonging among their peers.
- Friendship Flowers - Discussing friends and the good qualities that a friend should posses.
- Friendship Unit - Scroll to Unit Two, includes many lessons.
- "K" is for Kind - Recognize acts of kindness through reading and language experiences and to encourage children to share acts of kindness with someone special.
- Kindness - List of multimedia art activities that can be used to explore the theme of kindness.
- Kindness - Collection of lesson plans will help your students gain experience in giving and receiving kindness.
- Living the Dream: 100 Acts of Kindness - Grades K-2 - Allows students to participate in Dr. King’s dream by doing 100 acts of kindness
- Middle / High School
- Advise and Consent - Understand the concept of limiting power in governmental decision-making.