Feelings & Emotions
Links checked on 1/2/2016
- Emotion Walk - Get the students thinking about moving their bodies, and about clearly understanding the ways their bodies can move, and the ways they do move in various situations.
- Feelings Charade - Help open up communication with and among students about their feelings.
- The Heart Story - Encourages students to consider the effect of "put-downs" and to think about how to express "put-ups".
- Listening Well - Grades 3-5 - Being able to listen to people well is an important skill that can help us prevent conflicts and solve conflicts that do happen in a way that leaves everybody satisfied.
- Life, Loss and Grief - Grades K-2 - Unit Plan Masters of Disaster: In the Aftermath [by the American National Red Cross]
- Life, Loss and Grief - Grades 3-5 - Unit Plan Masters of Disaster: In the Aftermath ; by the American National Red Cross
- Social Skills for Elementary School Children: Hot Frogs Activity - Activity used in groups to assist elementary school children in identifying and naming feelings.
- The Solution Square: Strategies for Conflict Resolution - Uses literature as a springboard for learning about conflict-resolution strategies.
- Middle/ High School
- Adolescent - Social Skills for Middle School Students - Lesson plans
- Brain-Based Learning and Feelings - A reading passage, a KWLH chart and an anticipation/reaction chart for questions before and after the reading.
- I-Messages and the Assertiveness Line - Useful in dealing with problems that come up with friends and family, people who are likely to care about our feelings.
- Managing Feelings - Categorize coping strategies as positive, negative, neutral and time-out behaviors.
- Metaphors for Expressing Feelings - Examine how feelings are described and expressed in a poem.