Use relatively basic software programs (e.g., Word PowerPoint) to write more challenging texts and create graphics to present ideas visually and in writing. 0601.3.21
Links verified on 6/4/2014
- Creating a Multimedia Presentation - Follow the steps to make your multimedia presentation
- Creating a Power Presentation - handout; many ideas with scaffolding along the way to help students complete a project.
- Effectively communicating with visual aids made simple - a nine-page .pdf document with good suggestions
- Evaluation Station - Evaluate a story that you have written.
- Helpful Hints for Presenters - [16 slides] many good suggestions can be found in this PowerPoint show by Silvi Marina
- Presenting Effective Presentations with Visual Aids - suggestions from the U. S. Department of Labor OSHA
- Ten Tips for PowerPoint Slide Shows - create and deliver visual aids that complement and reinforce your message.
- Twelve Tips for Creating a Better PowerPoint Slide Show - produced by the Communications & Information Technology department at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Using Excel to Write a Branching Story - a step by step module on writing with Excel - this type of story can be used for predicting events
- Billy Bear - [sample of a branching story] a simple story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- The Town Witch - [sample of a branching story] a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- Using Visual Aids Effectively - tips for using visual aids
- Using Visual Aids Effectively - " most of us believe that a picture's worth a thousand words, and it is - but only if it's the right picture."
- Using Visual Aids Effectively - a 23 slide PowerPoint show
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print