Use technology to publish and present. 0401.3.20
Links verified on 10/26/2011
- Bio Cube - Summarizing information is an important post reading and prewriting activity that helps students synthesize what they have learned. This tool allows students to develop an outline of a person whose biography or autobiography they have just read; it can also be used before students write their own autobiography. A student interactive from Read-Write-Think.
- Bullies - Students will compose a comic strip in order to demonstrate how to deal with bullies appropriately
- The Elf Project - writing lesson plan - use friendly letter to introduce an elf to a first grader.
- Fluency - lesson plan; Students will demonstrate appropriate use of phrasing by using pacing and intonation with emphasis on certain words to convey meaning and expression.
- Letter Generator - student interactive from Read-Write-Think to help students learn to identify all the essential parts of a business or friendly letter, and then generate letters by typing information into letter templates
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Read-Write-Think Printing Press - interactive site to help students produce flyers, newspapers, brochures, or booklets
- Seven Days of Daring Deeds - Students will compose a paragraph to express personal ideas to develop fluency using a journal
- Writing a Branching Story Using Excel - a step by step module on writing with Excel
- The Town Witch - [sample of a branching story] a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- Word Processing Activities - using word processors to promote higher level thinking [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print