Select an appropriate thesis statement for a writing sample. SPI 0601.3.3
Links verified on 6/5/2014
- Compose a Thesis Statement - Now that you have decided, at least tentatively, what information you plan to present in your essay, you are ready to write your thesis statement.
- Evaluating thesis statements for argument - Select the most appropriate argumentative thesis statement for the given topic.
- Guide to Introductions - examples of good and poor introductions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Take Notes - students evaluate what items should be included in the opening paragraph of a news story
- Tips for Writing Effective Introductions - eight suggestions
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- A Thesis Statement - brief outline of what to look for and how to create one
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement.
- Thesis Builder - helps build a thesis from a topic
- Thesis Quiz: Find the Better Thesis Statement - Which of the following pairs of thesis statements would be better for a research paper?
- Trailblazing Introductions (6 - 8) develop a sense of beginning by using strong leads
- Writing an Introduction - examples and tips
- Writing Effective Introduction - three page document to print
- Witing a Thesis statement - Distinguish the better of the three thesis statements.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print