Drawing on reader's comments, revise papers to focus on topic or thesis, develop ideas, employ transitions, and identify a clear beginning and ending. 0601.3.19
Links verified on 6/4/2014
- A chart of the transitional devices - also called conjunctive adverbs or adverbial conjunctions
- Developing a Working Thesis - Helpful hint in revising a thesis.
- Making an Argument: Effective use of Transition Words - "explore and understand the use of transition words in context and write their own persuasive essay using transition words"
- Revising and Editing - Writing a research paper is a structured process that we will explore in this book. If you follow the steps outlined here, you will be on the path to a strong final research paper.
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Thesis Builder - helps build a thesis from a topic
- Transitional Devices (Connecting Words) - Brought to you by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Transitional Devices - transitional guides are connectives (symbols,words, phrases; sometimes whole sentences and paragraphs) that make possible a smooth "passing over" from one idea to the next.
- The Uses of Revision - It has been said that the difference between a mediocre writer and a good writer is revision. This is very different than editing. It is about seeing the paper in a whole new way: re-vision.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print