Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Identify and explore opportunities for publication (e.g., local/national contests, Internet web sites, newspapers, periodicals, school displays). 0401.3.21
Links verified on 10/24/2011
- Acrostic Poems for Children, Teachers, and other Poets - If you can create and publish your own page, please send me the web address, and I will create a link on my site to your page. If you can not create your own page, you may send me your children's poems in an e-mail or as an attachment to an e-mail
- Cricket Magazine - monthly contests in Spider and Cricket
- Cyberkids - If you would like to have us publish your original writing, art, or other creative work, please see our submission guidelines.
- Letter Generator - student interactive from Read-Write-Think to help students learn to identify all the essential parts of a business or friendly letter, and then generate letters by typing information into letter templates
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Read-Write-Think Printing Press - interactive site to help students produce flyers, newspapers, brochures, or booklets
- Shape Poem - A shape poem is a poem that describes an object and is written in the shape of the object. In this online tool, elementary students can select shapes from four different themes: Nature, School, Sports, and Celebrations. Within these themes, 19 different shapes are included.
- Write me a Story - Kids.com - Try your writing skills, share your imagination, read
fun stories and maybe even get published on the Internet!
- Write Now - [from Zuzu] - contribution of young artists, photographers and writers just like YOU
- The Write Source - interested in receiving student writings for possible publication in one of our handbooks or on our Web site!
- The Writers' Slate - publishes original poetry and prose from students enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grade
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
281990146 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad