Use accurate and precise language to convey meaning. 0601.3.10
Links verified on 6/1/2014
- Demonstrate Appropriate Word Choice - Choose the appropriate language to achieve specific goals.
- Exercises for Eliminating Wordiness - Revise these sentences to state their meaning in fewer words. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- How to write Clearly - This TIP sheet offers two ways to move beyond simple grammatical correctness.
- Strategies for Improving Sentence Clarity - suggestions in an article [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Sentence Fragment Exercises-#1 - The sentences below appeared in papers written by students. Act as their editor, marking a C if the sentences in the group are all complete and an F if any of the sentences in the group is a fragment. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Using Clear, Vivid, and Precise Language - You need to be able to write clearly so that your reader understands what you are trying to say.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print