Use language that conveys the writer's point of view. 0801.3.15
Links verified on 8/25/20104
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - [22 slides] explanation and review
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - Pre Test - ten multiple choice questions
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - Post Test - ten multiple choice questions
- Characters and Point of View - The point of view (how you choose to tell your story) determines the voice of your writing.
- Critical Literacy: Point of View - lesson plan helps students look at the author's purpose and viewpoint, and also recognize gaps in the text - Extension activities include debating a fairy tale using different character viewpoints.
- Exploring Point of View - explanation of the four main points of view used in fiction writing
- Maintaining Point of View - Lesson and practice [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" - by Langston Hughes - lesson plan - gain understanding on interpreting author's viewpoint, figurative language, historical perspective, cultural perspective
- Point of View - definition of point of view
- Point of View and Why it is important - Ian Bone -
- Point of View Exercise - use this as a class activity
- Point of View - Third Person - lesson plan
- Point of View - Two Heads Aren't Always Better Than One - suggestions regarding choosing a point of view for your writing
- Point of View - Beginning Writer's Craft ( free web host - may be blocked by some school filters)
- Point of View Quiz - read each group of sentences to determine if the sentence is written in first person or third person point of view [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Purpose and Point of View - Choose the correct answer for each question. self checking.
- Techniques for Writing: Using Specific Language - Strike a balance between specific and general language. Interactive exercise.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print