Respond to opposing viewpoints and/or anticipate and answer potential questions from audience. 0601.3.3
Links verified on 5/30/2014
- Addressing Opposing Viewpoints - Explaining why you disagree with an opposing position demonstrates how your position captures something that other positions leave out.
- Answering questions at the end - guidelines
- Audience Opposition: Anticipating and Refuting Opposing Views in Your Essays - This video gives you tips for determining how to effectively anticipate and refute opposing views as you write your argument.
- Responding to Opposing Views - Steps for Including and Responding to Opposing Views.
- Summary of Opposing Views and Rebuttal Essay - Testing Your Proposal Argument: Consider the following questions to anticipate vulnerabilities in your argument.
- Writing Guide: Audience - Recognize that different readers can best understand different messages
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print