Identify individual written selections as technical, narrative, persuasive, and/or descriptive in mode. SPI 0801.3.11
Links verified on 9/3/2014
- Argument and Persuasive Writing Lesson plans and teaching resources - many lesson resources
- Expository Essays:
- Expository Writing - Eight different examples of expository organizational patterns
- Expository Writing Tips! - The information was taken from "Blowing Away the State Writing Assessment Test" by Jane Bell Kiester available through Maupin House Publishing.
- Expository Writing Plan - Use this information to help create your essays.
- Writing a "How-to" Explanation - Student model as an example
- Narrative Essays :
- Multiple Paragraph Essay - Pointers on writing an essay [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Narrative Essay - Article and help on writing narrative essay.
- Step by step guide - Guide on writing an essay.
- Student Writing Tools Handbook - [25 pages] Transitions, rubrics, grammar, citations, and more [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Template for writing a narrative - Scaffolding guide for students
- Writing a Personal Narrative - Student model as an example
- Personal Narrative - writer's model
- Persuasive writing
- Can you Convince me? - Lesson plan
- Graphic Organizer - scaffolding aid for your students as they plan their essay
- How are They Selling It? - students read three advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed
- Persuasive Writing Prompts from a home schooling site
- Scholastic's Writing Workshop - You already spend a lot of time trying to persuade your parents or teachers to allow you to watch more TV or do less homework. Now you can use those same skills to write a persuasive essay!
- Writing a Persuasive Essay - Student model as an example
- Writing to Persuade - Persuasion means making someone with a different point of view from your own change their mind to your way of thinking.
- Writing to Persuade Rubric - Perhaps your students can understand writing to persuade better by seeing this rubric.
- Sample descriptive essay - advantages and disadvantages of a disability [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Style Manual for Technical Communications - the essence of effective technical communications [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Writing an Editorial -given a topic, create a paper on your position.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print