Select illustrations, descriptions, and/or facts to support key ideas.. SPI 0601.3.5
Links verified on 6/5/2014
- Explain how main ideas are supported by key details -In this lesson you will learn to explain how main ideas are supported by key details by looking at headings and explaining which ideas and details give the most important information about that topic.
- Identifying Key Ideas and Supporting Details Part One: The Setup -
- Identifying Key Ideas and Supporting Details Part Two: Modeling
- Main Idea and Supporting Details Practice Exercises - Read the selection, and then answer the questions that follow.
- Major and Minor Details and Transitions -
- Reading-Supporting Details - Supporting details are the materials (examples, facts, ideas, illustrations, cases, anecdotes) used by the writer to explain, expand on, and develop the more general main idea.
- Supporting Details: - Read each story and choose 2 supporting details.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print