Identify sentences irrelevant to a paragraph's theme or flow. SPI 0601.3.7
Links verified on 6/5/2014
- Determining Relevancy - help students understand the practice and value of evaluating information for relevancy to their research question
- Highlighting Relevant Information - teach students how to find and highlight the relevant information that answers their research question
- Information Elimination - Students model, instruct, and practice narrowing a topic for expository writing.
- Identify the Topic Sentence and Information that Does not Belong - print the page and follow directions
- Logical Fallacies - article with examples - Fallacies can be either illegitimate arguments or irrelevant points, and are often identified because they lack evidence that supports their claim
- Paragraph Unity Worksheet - Cross out the irrelevant sentences and put the numbers of those in the spaces provided.
- Sentence Order in Paragraphs - lesson and exercise
- Sentence Order - lesson and exercise
- Straying off the point - Identify which sentences are not connected to the main focus of the paragraph.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print