7th Grade - Flow of Ideas
Choose the supporting sentence that best fits the context and flow of ideas in a paragraph. SPI 0701.3.6
Links verified on 5/28/2014
- Combining Sentences for Variety and Clarity - LEO offers a large number of sample revisions
- Sentence Variety - explanation with examples.
- Sentence Variety - This resource presents methods for adding sentence variety and complexity to writing that may sound repetitive or boring. Sections are divided into general tips for varying structure, a discussion of sentence types, and specific parts of speech which can aid in sentence variety.
- Sentence Variety - large number of tips about sentence variety plus links to related quizzes
- Sentence Variety - 37 slides explaining nine sentence patterns to encourage variety [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.