Rearrange multi-paragraphed work in a logical and coherent order. SPI 0801.3.4
Links verified on 8/27/2014
- Coherence and Unity - lesson plan presenting major connectors and minor connectors
- Cohesion - using repetition and reference words to emphasize key ideas in your writing
- Different Types of Paragraphs in an Essay - exercise 4.1 - Identify each sentence as belonging to an introductory, body or concluding paragraph.
- Different Types of Paragraphs in an Essay - exercise 4.2 - Read an introductory paragraph and identify the (1) thesis statement, (2) context for the essay and (3) limitation of the essay to a particular area.
- Paragraph Coherence - a paragraph to read followed by questions to answer
- Paragraph Coherence - several exercises with answers supplied [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Paragraph Coherence - Coherence in a paragraph is the technique of making words, phrases, and sentences move smoothly and logically from one to the other
- Paragraph Structure Exercise - number sentences in an appropriate order to form a well-structured paragraph
- Paragraph Writing Exercise - several exercises asking your students to input their writing online
- Sentence Order in Paragraphs - lesson and exercise
- Sentence Order - lesson and exercise
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print