Select Appropriate Format
Select the most appropriate format for writing a specific work-related text (i.e., instructions, directions, letters, memos, e-mails, reports). SPI 0601.3.12
Links verified on 8/18/2022
- 16 Rules of Blog Writing and Layout - Blog Rules Vs. Print Rules
- Business Email Format - It is very important to follow a correct format of a business email, as it directly describes your personality.
- Business Letter: Block Form - from the University of Wisconsin - Madison Writing Center
- Business Letter: Indented Form - from the University of Wisconsin - Madison Writing Center
- Business Letter Format - a good handout to print for your students
- Business Letter Format - from the Letter Writing Guide
- Business Letter Format Tips - business letters can be subdivided into two basic groups: the block format and various indented formats
- Business Letter Formats - basic guidelines for letters and memos
- Email Etiquette - Being able to write a professional, business-like email is a crucial skill.
- E-mail Format Guidelines - Follow the guidelines below when sending an e-mail message to your professor. This will save time and communicate your questions or comments clearly.
- How to Format a US Business Letter - The main formats for business letters in the US are called full block format and modified block format
- How to Write a Formal Email - It's not quite the same as writing a business letter, but it's definitely a huge step in that direction.
- Technical Writing: How To's, Tutorials, and Directions - Teachers, librarians, and technology coordinators are often faced with the need to explain a procedure or teach someone how to use a piece of software. This type of instruction takes a number of specific skills including technical writing.
- Use the Correct Business Letter Format - this guide even includes suggestions for paper, short memos, and business e-mail
- Writing the Basic Business Letter - this handout covers the parts of the basic business letter - from the OWL at Purdue
- Writing Technical Instructions - How to write a persuasive and useful set of instructions.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.