Write a research paper using a three or more sources and notes taken using the sources. 0401.4.6
Links verified on 10/27/2011
- Amazing Animals Project - WebQuest research project, handouts provided.
- An Introduction to Research - research a famous historical person using three sources of information (book, encyclopedia, and Internet); handouts and resources available for printing.
- Bio Cube - This tool allows students to develop an outline of a person whose biography or autobiography they have just read; it can also be used before students write their own autobiography. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Critical Evaluation of Resources - In the research process you will encounter many types of resources including books, articles and web sites. But not everything you find on your topic will be suitable. How do you make sense of what is out there and evaluate its authority and appropriateness for your research?
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- How to Take Research Notes - tips and techniques from eHow
- Making Note Cards - visual example of how to make a note card
- Note-taking - Note-taking is considered by some to be the heart of the research process. There are many ways in which this can be done
- Notetaker from Read/Write/Think - Useful for a wide variety of reading and writing activities, this outlining tool allows students to organize up to five levels of information. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- On Taking Notes While Reading - collect, organize, and store information that is relevant to your essay or research project.
- Quality Information Check List -a resource to help young people evaluate the information they find on the Internet.
- Using Reference Sources - study suggestions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Using Reference Sources - explanation of sources and links to some online sources
- Using Reference Sources - a fifteen page document to print and use as a quiz
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print