3rd Grade - Write in Journal
Write in journals. 0301.3.4
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Creative Writing Prompts - Use the creative writing prompts and creative writing ideas to create stories, poems and other creative pieces from your imagination. Put your cursor on any of the 346 numbered prompts to see one.
- Descriptive Writing - a Scholastic workshop which includes tips on journal writing
- Field Journal Activity - Create a Nature Journal. It's a good way to keep track of your 'wild place.' Record in your journal what you see and do each time you visit there.
- Gifts in a Jar: Child's Journal Jar - Create a journal jar for each student! Prompts are given at the site and can be reproduced
- The Journal Jar- Writing Journals - The book of me! Great ideas!
- Journal Writing Ideas - hundreds of ideas from teachers.net
- Keeping a Nature Journal - this article includes some suggestions on what you write, for example; focus on concrete sensory images, make metaphors, and be willing to learn.[This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Make Your Own Nature Journal - suggestions on how to begin a nature journal
- Writing Prompts: Journal Topics - 273 prompts in ten different categories from Can Teach
- Your Journal - suggestions on how to set up a journal
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.