4th Grade - Word Consciousness
Continue to develop word consciousness (e.g., word play, word walls, word sorts). 0401.1.17
Links verified on 9/23/2014
- Easily Confused Words - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of easily confused words. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- How to Say it Another Way - In this lesson you will: practice your alphabetizing skills, learn about synonyms and pick the right one to finish a sentence and, match words to their entries in a thesaurus
- Synonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of synonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below.
- Synonym Matching - find pairs or words with same meaning
- Synonym Matching Games, Level 2 - four games to choose from
- Synonyms and Antonyms - several categories of Quia games
- Wordblender - make words by choosing a start sound (onset) and an end sound (rime) to blend together
- Word Play - click on a word and watch it play
- Words and Word Play - Numerous activities using words.
- Words and Pictures - These games and activities from the BBC will make learning phonics fun.
- Word Walls - Everything you need to create a wall of sight words is available here! Pre-primer through Third grade!
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.