Incorporate vivid language into writing. 0401.3.15
Links verified on 10/26/2011
- More than One Way to Create Vivid Verbs - [designed for middle school] After reviewing specific nouns, students create a two-column list of nouns and ordinary verbs specific to a particular occupation.
- Powerful Writing: Description in Creating Monster Trading Cards - Students create their own monster trading cards using "powerful," vivid language to describe their creatures
- Tips for More Vivid Writing - article
- Using Vivid Adjectives - explore vivid adjectives in a variety of activities including thesaurus use and story development software
- Using Vivid Verbs to Create Better Sentences - one good suggestion from thie site is to "be careful when replacing a general verb with a vivid verb to ensure that the vivid verb does not significantly alter the meaning of the sentence."
- Vivid Descriptions and Works of Art - lesson plan
- Vivid Verbs - lesson plan - This lesson will encourage students to use more vivid verbs, verbs that give a very clear picture of the action taken place
- Vivid Verbs - [2 page document] hundreds of vivid verbs on a page to print for your students
- Vivid Verbs - short list
- WritingFix's list of 200 breathtaking adjectives - [1 page document] document to print for your students
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print