Use technology to publish and present. 0301.3.16
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Bio Cube - Summarizing information is an important post reading and prewriting activity that helps students synthesize what they have learned. This tool allows students to develop an outline of a person whose biography or autobiography they have just read; it can also be used before students write their own autobiography. A student interactive from Read-Write-Think.
- Bullies - Students will compose a comic strip in order to demonstrate how to deal with bullies appropriately
- Seven Days of Daring Deeds - Students will compose a paragraph to express personal ideas to develop fluency using a journal
- Word Processing Activities - using word processors to promote higher level thinking [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- The Elf Project - writing lesson plan - use friendly letter to introduce an elf to a first grader.
- Fluency - lesson plan; Students will demonstrate appropriate use of phrasing by using pacing and intonation with emphasis on certain words to convey meaning and expression.
- Letter Generator - student interactive from Read-Write-Think to help students learn to identify all the essential parts of a business or friendly letter, and then generate letters by typing information into letter templates
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Shape Poem - A shape poem is a poem that describes an object and is written in the shape of the object. In this online tool, elementary students can select shapes from four different themes: Nature, School, Sports, and Celebrations. Within these themes, 19 different shapes are included.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print