3rd Grade - Use Nouns Correctly
Identify the correct use of nouns i.e. as subjects, singular and plural within context. SPI 0301.1.1
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Comparative and superlative - worksheet; write the missing adjectives, comparative or superlative words.
- Comparatives - one syllable words - Choose the correct completion for the sentence, self checking.
- Irregular Plurals - match the related words, singular to plural
- Irregular Plurals - match related words, oes, os
- Irregular Noun Plurals - interactive quizzes following the tutorial
- Noun Dunk - Classify words as common nouns, proper nouns or not a noun. Score points for correct answers.
- Parts of Speech - noun, verb, preposition, etc. (interactive quizzes)
- Parts of Speech Quiz - select correct part of speech
- Plural Nouns - add s or es
- Plural Play - In this two player tic-tac-toe game students drag words to their correct plural ending
- Plural Rules - Quiz, worksheet, lesson
- Plurals - [Skillwise Worksheet]
Plural spelling rules, filling in the gaps with either the singular or plural spelling
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade then select; The Late, Late Show, Olympic Replay, For Kids Bookstore, Email from Goldie, Friday Night Schedule, E-mail to Lou, Pat's Chatty Talk, Max's Movie Review, News Flash, The Shop-at-Home Mall, Tips for Tryouts, Meet the Artists, Nicky's Nightly Sports Feature, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Practice Using Plural Spelling Rules - [Skillwise Worksheet] Twelve picture pairs that cover all the different spelling rules
- Superlative Forms of One Syllable Words - Type the correct superlative for each word, self checking
- Using Plurals - [Skillwise Factsheet] a few rules to help spell plurals
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.