Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Recognize usage errors occurring within context (i.e., double negatives, troublesome words: to/too/two; their/there/they're). SPI 0301.1.14
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Confusing Verbs - Lay / Lie - Read the sentence, and then choose the answer, and get your score instantly!
- Confusing Words: Their - There - They're - online quiz
- Confusing Words: You're - Your - online quiz
- Context Clues
- Using Context Clues Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Double Negatives Game - [Skillwise game] Click on the image to play the game
- Double Negatives - a quiz
- Its/It's and There/Their/They're - Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence.
- Problem verbs review - sit/set/lie/lay/rise/raise - Practice with these games to get a clear meaning of each of these troublesome verbs.
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade - Click one time on the name of a passage to see what skill you would practice using that passage
- Recognizing Double Negatives - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in finding double negatives in sentences
- Sit or Set Quiz - Complete the sentences using the proper form of "sit" or "set."
- There/their - Click on the buttons to select the correct answer
- They're/their/there - Click on the buttons to select the correct answer (a different quiz)
- To Lie / To Lay and To Sit / To Set - Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence.
- To/Two/Too - Learn the difference between the homophones to, two, and too using this Quia quiz [5 questions per page]
- To/Two/Too - Quia quiz; choose the correct homonym
- To/Two/Too - (2) Learn the difference between the homophones to, two, and too. (a different Quia quiz) [1 question per page]
- Understanding Double Negatives - [Skillwise factsheet] How to identify and use double negatives
- Writing a Formal Letter - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in finding double negatives within two formal letters
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
306422847 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad