Identify sentences with correct subject-verb agreement (person and number). SPI 0401.1.11
Links verified on 9/25/2014
- Let's see whether you understand subject-verb agreement - Read each sentence, enter your response in the space provided, and then press "Submit" to check your answer.
- Making Subjects and Verbs Agree: Exercises - a handout to print [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Power Proofreading - Choose 4th grade then select; Baseball Play-by-Play, HME-TV Auction, The Plastic Fantastic, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement - Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement (2) - After each sentence select the verb form that will best fit in the blank. The explanation will describe the process of arriving at the correct choice for that sentence.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement (3) - After each sentence select the verb form that will best fit in the blank. The explanation will describe the process of arriving at the correct choice for that sentence.
- Subject-Verb Agreement: The Sore Thumb of Grammar - [13 slides]
- Subject-Verb Agreement Quiz - Select the correct verb form to agree with the subject.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print