Demonstrate strategies for determining meaning while reading and checking for understanding after reading. 0301.8.2
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Cows context clue - Build corrals for cows by reading and answering questions.
- Help Reluctant Silent Readers Read to Learn - ideas and suggestions to help students become better readers.
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - online activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced.
- Reading Comprehension Corner - [grade 3 and above] Students choose a reading passage, then read and answer critical thinking questions that can be checked on the computer. Reading passages and questions are designed to reflect what students may encounter on state mandated standardized tests; from Mr. Nussbaum
- Reading Comprehension Passages on Health - Read articles, online interactive quizzes.
- Reciprocal Reading - Reading Strategies and lesson ideas for teachers.
- A Special Christmas Present - Read the text on the left and answer the questions.
- Two Sisters and a Cat - Read the text on the left and answer the questions.
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Using Context Clues Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Why People Get Tattoos - Read the text on the left and answer nine questions.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print