Spell correctly high-frequency and commonly misspelled words appropriate to grade level. 0301.1.7
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Activity sheets for the Literacy Hour - each sheet focusing on a specific group of consonant clusters. The activities require only a brief introduction from a teacher or parent and are suitable for independent group work
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Apostrophes and Contractions - worksheet to print or use with whole class; many examples of contraction usage
- Dolch Word Site - Multi links to Dolch word lists and activities.
- Ending Blends - complete the words with the ending blend
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Look, Cover and Spell - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Online Spelling Quizzes - numerous quizzes in TCAP format
- Reading Games - many to select
- Spellaroo - click on the misspelled word in the sentences
- Spell Check - TCAP�format - select word that is spelled incorrectly
- Spell It! - the Scripps National Spelling Bee study site for school spelling champions created in cooperation with Merriam-Webster
- Spell words - drag letters to create word
- Spelling - put the letters in order to create the word that is said aloud
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then correct it.
- (for different words and spelling activities, check here)
- Spelling Wizard - Use this scholastic site to enter a list of words and then make a spelling scramble or a word search.
- Spin and Spell - pick a picture and then click on the letters to spell the word, or ask the game to pick a word for you
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print