3rd Grade Geometry Skills
Prior Standards Implementation
The standards listed below have been replaced by a newer set of standards.
Please go to Current 3rd Grade Math Standards for current resources.
- Anglemania - describe triangles using appropriate geometric vocabulary
- Identify Polygons - names of polygons by number of sides and angles
- Name that Polygon - identify name of given polygon components
- Polygons and Non-Polygons - drag polygons into one bin and anything that is not a polygon into another bin
- Shape, Space and Measure - activities, quizzes and more
- Triangle Identification - what type of triangle is it given its angles
- Triangle Identification - what type of triangle is it given its number of sides
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - six flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed
- Flips, Slides, and Turns - a manipulative which allows you to view the effect of applying reflection, translation, and rotation transformations
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - [ designed for 3rd grade ] a 25 page lesson with printables
- Measuring Turns - what would shapes look like if rotated
- Slides, Flips and Turns - lesson plan designed for 3rd grade
- Transformations - a Flash movie which demonstrates flips, slides, and turns
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn
- Ask Hannah - describe symmetry in two-dimensional shapes
- Lines of Symmetry - drag the shapes that have lines of symmetry into one bin and those that do not into the other bin
- Lines of Symmetry - this video lesson explains horizontal, vertical and diagonal line symmetry, and then gives your students the chance to show understanding on several quizzes.
- Symmetry Activity - practice making patterns that have symmetry
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Geometry (Grades 3-5)
Practice Tests FCAT Sample Test Book TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps
- Daily Upkeeps - Scroll down this page until you see " 3rd Grade TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps ." There are 9 practice activities to print (in .pdf format)
- Daily Questions - to serve as a ten to fifteen minute (approximate) review of practice test items and critical thinking (217 pages) [ Note : This link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. Some state filters block access to this page so you might consider downloading the document at home.]
Released Tests & Others
- Solve It! - Math Videos provide problem solving practice for students in grades 3 to 6. Each of the thirteen sets contain five multi step word problems with step by step video solutions. Concepts include basic operations, algebraic reasoning, money, fractions, percent, perimeter, area, proportional reasoning, and measurement.
- Third Grade Math - Read each question and choose the best answer. Then mark the circle next to the letter for the answer you have chosen. ( from Texas )
- Texas end-of-year Math test 2004
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print