1st Grade Data Analysis & Probability Skills
Prior Standards Implementation
The standards listed below have been replaced by a newer set of standards.
Please go to Current 1st Grade Math Standards for current resources.
Interpret and make pictographs and bar graphs using concrete objects and pictured objects.
- Grapher - interactive column graph maker, students can change values and labels
- I Am Special - Picture graphs are used in real world situations as students organize information, record data, and use mathematical language to read and interpret the graphs.
- Kids Have Pets - learn about the parts of a bar graph and how to collect information
- Kinds Of Graphs - learn about various types of graphs [some of the forward buttons are missing, scroll down the page to see the next section]
- Use Column Graphs to Answer Questions - data is displayed in column graphs and students must read the graph to answer questions
- Use Graphs to Answer Questions - ( whole class activity to be used with projection ) This Saxon math site uses pictographs or tally marks in the form of check marks. Graphs are sometimes repeated with new questions. Be careful!
Describe events related to students? experiences as likely or unlikely.
- Why Can't I Win? - use a spinner to predict the likelihood of simple events
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print