Identify attributes of simple and compound figures composed of 2- and 3- dimensional shapes. (SPI 0406.4.5)
Links verified on 11/22/2011
- Common 2-D and 3-D shapes - explanation, illustrations, and a quiz
- 3D Attributes - Lesson plan; Learn about 3D shapes and attributes. Use the marshmallows and pretzels to build each solid listed below. Count the number of vertices, edges, and faces on each solid.
- Attributes of Figures - Video; teacher instruction and suggestions on how to teach attributes to students.
- Shape Database - Use the pop up menus to find the links between sides, faces and shape names. 2D shapes and 3D shapes are listed
- Three Dimensional Shapes - introductory lesson
- Three Dimensional Shapes - another introductory lesson
- Three Dimensional Shapes - five-question multiple-choice quiz
- Three Dimensional Shapes - quiz on shapes, see the answer by clicking
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print