Select appropriate sources from which to gather information on a given topic SPI 0301.4.3
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Dictionary Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of the dictionary. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- How to Find Information on the Internet - places to look and strategies to use
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- National Geographic for Kids - safe and fun exploration of the world.
- National Geographic for Little Kids - safe and fun exploration of the world.
- Research Begins Here - Finding the right material to support your papers is not hard when you know where to look!
- Research Roadmap - an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills from Humboldt State University Library
- Using a Glossary - [10 multiple-choice questions] a lab activity to recognize and use the definitions in a glossary as they relate to a text
- Using the Dictionary - [20 multiple-choice questions] a lab to use the dictionary to understand the meanings of words in context
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print