7th Grade - Rounding & Accuracy
Report results of calculations appropriately in a given context (i.e. using rules of rounding, degree of accuracy, and/or significant digits). 0706.2.15
Links verified on 6/10/2014
- Comparison Estimator - Similar to Estimator but compares two sets of objects.
- Disaster Math - Six sets of interactive word problems: Earthquake Math, Hurricane Math, Tornado Math, Wild Fire Math, Winter Storm Math, and Flood Math. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Estimating by Rounding - Addition with regrouping - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Estimating by Rounding - Subtraction with regrouping - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Estimating Sum - No hints or clues given - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Estimator - Practice estimation skills by determining the number of objects, length, or area. (parameters: error tolerance)
- Fermi Questions Library - Fermi questions use estimation procedures to solve questions like "How many jelly beans fill a one-liter jar?"
- How Big are Things - a printable cube to be used in making size estimations [several versions]
- How to Simplify a Number - part of being approximate is simplifying numbers
- More or Less Estimator - Similar to Estimator activity but states a quantity and asks the user to estimate whether the set of objects is more or less than the number given.
- Pinocchio estimation game - suggested game for developing the skill of estimation
- Round About - estimate by rounding.
- Rounding Off - Three levels are available in this game from BBC Education
- Scaling the Universe to Your Desktop - estimating size
- Spy Guys Interactive - Rounding Numbers - Video Lesson
- Weigh the Wangdoodles - Your job is to find the weight of each Wangdoodle using the information provided by the scales. To be successful, you will have to make sure that the weight you assign to each Wangdoodle works on each scale. This activity is a fun but challenging introduction to multiple algebraic equations.
- Word problems - quiz adding and subtracting fractions
- Your Body as a Ruler - a user's manual
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.