Recognize root words and their various inflections e.g. walks, walking, walked SPI 0301.1.15
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Dinosaur Root Word Activity - Learn about Dinosaurs and root words together.
- Jelly Fish Game - Type the root, suffix and or prefix to fill the sea with Jellyfish.
- Prefixes, Suffixes and Root Word - worksheets and online activities
- Putting Down Roots - Drag and drop the roots into the blanks to complete the words.
- Putting Down Roots (2) - Drag and drop the roots into the blanks to complete the words.
- Putting Your Roots into Action - Now that you know five new roots, start looking for them in unfamiliar words.
- Putting Your Roots into Action (2) - Now that you know five more new roots, start looking for them in unfamiliar words.
- Root Words - Underline the root words in the slides. Circle the prefix or suffix.
- Root Words - Fact Sheet to share with students
- Rooting Out Words - Help Remainder the Dog gather enough mushrooms to sell at the market by uncovering the roots of words. (three categories, several difficulty levels - from FunBrain)
- Root Word Quiz - first level quiz
- Root Word Quiz - more advanced level quiz
- Root Word Quiz - match words with their roots
- Root word quiz - match word with its root
- What's a Root? - (work with five roots) Once you know a few roots, you'll see them everywhere.
- What's a Root? (2) - work with five more roots
- Word Parts: Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of root words, prefixes, and suffixes. For each topic, 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print