3rd Grade - Revise Writing
Revise writing to improve detail after determining what could be added or deleted (e.g., reread; rearrange words, sentences, paragraphs; add descriptive words; remove unneeded information; incorporate suggestions; vary sentences structures). 0301.3.13
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- How to Edit or Proofread an Essay or Paper - article with suggestions
- How to Use Word Choice That Catches the Reader's Eye - article with suggestions
- Power Proofreading - select grade level , many activities to practice proofreading.
- Proofreading Practice - select grade 3, any one of the 35 units and then press the Load Game button. Read the passage to find errors, click on one of the proofreading marks and then click on the error.
- Troubleshooting Sentences - examples and ideas
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.