4th Grade - Use Technology
Use current technology as a research and communication tool for personal interest, research, and clarification. 0401.4.2
Links verified on 10/26/2011
- Critically Analyzing Information Sources - the emphasis here is on print sources
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet - a thoughtful guide to evaluating web and other Internet resources [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- An Introduction to Research - [designed for grades 5-8] research a famous historical person using three sources of information (book, encyclopedia, and Internet); handouts and resources available for printing.
- Research Begins Here - Finding the right material to support your papers is not hard when you know where to look!
- Research Roadmap - an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills from Humboldt State University Library
- Using the Internet as a Source - [designed for grade 2] online quiz
- Using references - [designed for Kindergarten] lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.