Connect ideas using a variety of transition strategies. 0601.4.13
Links verified on 6/9/2014
- A chart of the transitional devices - also called conjunctive adverbs or adverbial conjunctions
- Making an Argument: Effective use of Transition Words - "explore and understand the use of transition words in context and write their own persuasive essay using transition words"
- Transitional Devices - transitional guides are connectives (symbols,words, phrases; sometimes whole sentences and paragraphs) that make possible a smooth "passing over" from one idea to the next.
- Transitional Devices (Connecting Words) - Brought to you by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Transitions and Patterns of Organization - explanation of six common types [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Transitions and Transitional Devices - a discussion of transition strategies and specific transitional devices
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print