Determine three sources to answer research question 0201.4.2
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- A variety of sources - lesson plan explaining a variety of sources.
- Composing Cinquain Poems: A Quick-Writing Activity - students write simple cinquain of their own as a follow-up to a subject they have been exploring in class
- Critically Analyzing Information Sources - the emphasis here is on print sources
- Dictionary Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of the dictionary. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet - a thoughtful guide to evaluating web and other Internet resources
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- Great Web Sites for Kids - Many resources for children
- Library Media resources - lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
- Look It Up! - Child's Elementary Library resource: many different resources to use.
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- Research Roadmap - an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills from Humboldt State University Library
- Using a Glossary - [10 multiple-choice questions] a lab activity to recognize and use the definitions in a glossary as they relate to a text
- Using the Dictionary - [20 multiple-choice questions] a lab to use the dictionary to understand the meanings of words in context
- Using the Internet as a Source - online quiz
- Using references - lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz