Identify the characteristics and limitations of source material. 0801.4.7
Links verified on 9/3/2014
- Characteristics of primary and secondary resources - lesson and exercise [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Distinguishing Scholarly From Non-Scholarly Periodicals - a checklist of criteria
- How to Evaluate Web Resources - a visual guide to evaluating sources on the web
- Primary vs. Secondary Sources: A Comparison - use this form as a review; Examine a historical event by looking at both a primary and a secondary source related to it. Record the information you find in each below.
- Using primary sources in your research - tutorial with quiz
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print