Discern irrelevant research material from written text. SPI 0801.4.5
Links verified on 9/3/2014
- Determining Relevancy - help students understand the practice and value of evaluating information for relevancy to their research question
- Highlighting Relevant Information - teach students how to find and highlight the relevant information that answers their research question
- Information Elimination - Students model, instruct, and practice narrowing a topic for expository writing.
- Identify the Topic Sentence and Information that Does not Belong - print the page and follow directions
- Logical Fallacies - article with examples - Fallacies can be either illegitimate arguments or irrelevant points, and are often identified because they lack evidence that supports their claim
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print