Understand the purpose of reference materials (e.g., table of contents, glossary, dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, encyclopedia). 0201.4.6
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Chapter Headings - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Chapter Headings Quiz - online quiz
- Dictionary Skills - Worksheet explaining how to use a dictionary.
- Little Explorers Picture Dictionary with links. Some of the links are pages to color, every entry has a link to a definition. The site also has a link to classroom activities that use Little Explorers.
- Make Your Own Book - There are many fabulous books that you can make all by yourself. Let your imagination run wild with some simple, step-by-step instructions, with illustrations, to show you how to make some very creative and very fun books!
- Merpy.com Stories - animated stories to be read online
- Parts of a Book - on-line quiz to use as whole class activity.
- Parts of a Book - online quiz
- Title of a Book - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Using the Parts of a Book - a worksheet from Teach-nology
- Using an Index for Information - a worksheet from Teach-nology
- Using an Index - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Using a Table of Contents - a worksheet from Teach-nology