Present a body of well-developed and specific facts and information pertinent to the topic, developed as a series of paragraphs which support the topic. 0801.4.12
Links verified on 9/3/2014
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin School Outline Maker - online interactive outline maker
- Developing and Ordering Paragraphs - unit on various types of paragraphs with examples and how to order and organize information
- Developing Unified and Coherent Paragraphs - discusses three of the most common types of paragraph structure: development by detail, comparison and contrast, and process.
- Different Types of Paragraphs in an Essay - exercise 4.1 - Identify each sentence as belonging to an introductory, body or concluding paragraph.
- Different Types of Paragraphs in an Essay - exercise 4.2 - Read an introductory paragraph and identify the (1) thesis statement, (2) context for the essay and (3) limitation of the essay to a particular area.
- Outline Worksheet - template - abbreviated picture of the parts of your paper or project and the order in which they will come.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print