Narrow a topic so that the research process is manageable and the controlling idea is focused. 0601.4.1
Links verified on 6/6/2014
- Choosing and Narrowing Topics - ideas for developing focused writing
- General Strategies for Narrowing Topics -
- Helping Students Narrow a Topic - three topics to select
- How to Narrow a Research Topic - [9 slides] This short show shows ways to narrow a topic using Eating Disorders as an example.
- How to Narrow (or Broaden) Your Topic - tips from the UCLA library
- Information Elimination - Students model, instruct, and practice narrowing a topic for expository writing.
- Narrow Your Research Topic - tips on how to know if your topic is too broad
- Research Survival Guide - how to identify keywords to search your topic and the types of information sources you can use for your topic
- Ways to Narrow Down a Topic - lesson plan with suggestions for narrowing a topic, including the SOCRAPR method
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print