Visit the library as a source of information for research. 0201.4.4
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Animal Study: From Fiction to Facts - listen to read-alouds of nonfiction texts to identify and confirm factual information which is recorded on charts and graphic organizers. They also use the Internet to gather additional information about the animal.
- Creating Question and Answer Books through Guided Research - designed to teach research strategies
- How to Use the Library - [designed for 3-5] students decide which library resources are most helpful in the assignment scenarios the teacher describes.
- Huey and Louie meet Dewey - [designed for 3-5] students exercise their library shelving skills
- Library Lessons - Library Rules and procedures for 2nd grade. Grade 3 Lessons
- Library Media resources - [designed for grade 3] lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
- Look it up - Video on using the library as a source of information.
- Looking in books - develop pupils' understanding of how different types of books contain specific information, and of the ways in which information is organized in books, including lists of contents, chapter overviews, advance organizers and indexes
- STAR Search: How Do I Find the Book I Need? - [designed for grade 3] steps an intermediate learner goes through in locating resources in the library for information gathering.
- Story Place - The Children's Digital Library - Visit the preschool library and the elementary library.
- Visit a Library - suggestions from Personal Development for Smart People