Craft an introductory paragraph in which a thesis statement(s) clearly presents the topic of the documented essay. 0601.4.11
Links verified on 6/9/2014
- Compose a Thesis Statement - Now that you have decided, at least tentatively, what information you plan to present in your essay, you are ready to write your thesis statement.
- Guide to Introductions - examples of good and poor introductions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Introductions - explains the functions of introductions, and offers strategies for writing effective ones
- Take Notes - students evaluate what items should be included in the opening paragraph of a news story
- Tips for Writing Effective Introductions - eight suggestions
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- A Thesis Statement - brief outline of what to look for and how to create one
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Thesis Builder - helps build a thesis from a topic
- Trailblazing Introductions (6 - 8) develop a sense of beginning by using strong leads
- Writing an Introduction - examples and tips
- Writing Effective Introduction - three page document to print
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print