Reflect, rotate, and translate shapes to explore the effects of transformations. 0206.4.2 Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - six flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed
- Flips, Slides, and Turns - a manipulative which allows you to view the effect of applying reflection, translation, and rotation transformations
- Flipping Monsters - Can you make all the Space Monsters face to the right? You must turn two monsters at a time. They must be next to each other.
- Icy Flips, Slides, and Turns - Use this interactive site from Harcourt to review the three concepts.
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - [designed for 3rd grade] a 25 page lesson with printables [accessed by the Wayback machine - may be blocked in some school districts]
- Measuring Turns - what would shapes look like if rotated
- Ten Question Worksheet - print for your students to practice flips, slides, and turns
- Transformations - Interactive sites
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn