Read longer narrative and expository text independently, including chapter books. 0301.8.14
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Alaska Native Stories: Using Narrative to Introduce Expository Text - Students compare and contrast the two types of text in terms of fiction and nonfiction. The narrative stories provide students with a context to begin studying a content area topic, and thus, this lesson emphasizes the integration of curriculum.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - A twelve-chapter performance in RealAudio by the Wired for Books Players
- BAB Books On-Line - stories for primary students. No audio
- Chateau Meddybemps Beantime Stories - (on-line stories where jellybeans ripen under tropical rainbows) some are for preschool and primary, others are for all ages (Check their homepage for other neat things.)
- Children's Books Online in a variety of languages - posted by artist and designer, Asbjorn Lonvig in Denmark
- Exploring Cause and Effect Using Expository Texts About Natural Disasters - explore the nature and structure of expository texts focusing on cause and effect
- Online Children's Stories - There are a lot of stories available on the Internet to read or download. Some of them are from well-known books, others can be found only online.
- Online Children's Stories to Read - Fables and stories.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print