Rank the reliability of sources on a given topic. SPI 0401.4.2
Links verified on 10/27/2011
- The ABC's of Web Site Evaluation (presented by Kathy Schrock) - Evaluation of Web sites is an important skill to learn in this age of digital and information literacy. Students and teachers need practice in critically examining sites to determine authority, authenticity, and applicability to purpose. This site provides that practice.
- Critical Evaluation of a Web site - Worksheet for students
- Critical Evaluation of Resources -How do you make sense of what is out there and evaluate its authority and appropriateness for your research?
- Critically Analyzing Information Sources - the emphasis here is on print sources
- Electronic Resources - on-line activity
- Electronic Text - on-line activity
- Evaluating Web Pages - Duke University
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet - a thoughtful guide to evaluating web and other Internet resources [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Evaluation of information sources - This page contains pointers to criteria for evaluating information resources, particularly those on the Internet.
- Find it on the internet - introduce pupils to the basic ways of searching for information and how to keep safe on the internet
- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - or, Why It's a Good Idea to Evaluate Web Sources
- How to Evaluate Web Resources - a visual guide to evaluating sources on the web
- How to Find Information on the Internet - places to look and strategies to use
- Quality Information Check List -a resource to help young people evaluate the information they find on the Internet.
- Research Begins Here - Finding the right material to support your papers is not hard when you know where to look!
- Research Roadmap - an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills from Humboldt State University Library
- Take Notes - students evaluate what items should be included in the opening paragraph of a news story
- Using the Internet as a Source - online quiz
- Using references - lesson plan explaining a variety of reference materials and a practice quiz
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print