Create a chart to distinguish among the earth’s magnetic field, and fields that surround a magnet and an electromagnet 0807.12.4
Links verified 9/21/2014
- Earth's Magnetic Field - explanation from Wikipedia
- Earth's Magnetic Field - includes several good illustrations
- Earth's Magnetic Field - Windows to the Universe has three separate levels of explanation to select
- Earth's Magnetic Field - part of an explanation of compasses from How Stuff Works
- Earth's Magnetic Field: An Overview - lengthy article from the British Geological Survey [11 pages if printed]
- Earth's Magnetic Field Interactive - drag the compass around in the space near Earth to observe the shape of out planet's magnetic field [from Windows to the Universe] or
- Exploring Magnetic Fields - [grades 6-8] lesson plan from Science Net Links - includes activity sheets to print and links to other related lesson plans
- Exploring: The Earth as a Magnet - a three page lesson plan
- Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field - article from NASA
- Graphic Organizers (to create a chart)
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps – Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Introduction to Geomagnetism - an IMAGE satellite tutorial on Earth's magnetic field from NASA which includes links to lesson plans
- Investigating the Earth's Magnetism - five page lesson plan
- Magnetic Field Basics - explanation from Physics4Kids
- Magnetic Field of the Earth - a good explanation from Hyperphysics plus links to other information
- Magnetic Storm - This NOVA page includes links to aurora pictures and a discussion of the weakening of Earth's magnetic field
- The North Pole Could Soon Drift Over to Siberia - interesting article from Smithsonian
- What is a Magnetic Field? - good explanation and good illustrations - from Cool Magnet Man
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print