Know and use appropriately the meaning, forms, and functions of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. 0301.1.1
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Adjectives/Adverbs - Change adjectives into adverbs in this online quiz.
- Be - verb usage online quiz
- Complete Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrases in the sentence
- Grammar Blast - various online graded activities dealing with 4th grade grammar skills [2nd - 5th available]
- Grammar Gorillas - identify Parts of Speech - Beginner [nouns and verbs] Advanced [all parts of speech]
- Irregular Verbs - Jeopardy type game for two players
- Linking Verbs - identify types of verbs in this online quiz
- Noun or Verb - read the sentence and select whether it is a noun or verb.
- Parts of Speech - identify the part of speech that will complete the sentence
- Plural and Possessive Nouns - scroll to the bottom of this page to find a quiz on plural and possessive.
- Plural Girls - type the correct plural form of words
- Plural Play - In this two player tic-tac-toe game students drag words to their correct plural ending
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade - Click one time on the name of a passage to see what skill you would practice using that passage
- Starship English: Blast the Rocket - Star will give the present tense of a word. You click on the correct spelling for the past tense of that word.
- To Be - present and past tense online quiz
- Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrase
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.